Contact Info: 540.819.1325 • email@example.com
• Adobe CC Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Digital DSLR Photography and Photo Restoration
• Video Production - Writing, story-boarding, shooting, digital video editing and the creation of post production effects
• XPressions Studio 6.0: Graphic Character Generator System for live and taped broadcast TV productions
• Website Content Management - Maintain and update content to websites using WordPress or similar interfaces
• Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint• Marketing and Creative Writing skills developed while at WSLS
• Practical management experience, as PT Director at Gold’s Gym, taught me leadership skills
• Comfortable working in both Mac or PC platforms• Illustration in both digital and conventional forms
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
4/2017-Present • Graphic Designer-Promo Producer/Sinclair Broadcast Group, (ABC13), Lynchburg, VA
• Create still and motion graphic elements for the WSET promotions and news departments.
• Create print and online graphic elements for the station’s website and online social media sites
• Responsible for the creation of specialty motion graphic opens and imagery for newscasts and other live and recorded programs
• Shoot most of the video for promotions, and edit digital video promos (commercials) for use by WSET and WSET.com
• All in-house still photography for station needs - corporate and on-air head shots and event photography8/2015-Present
• Graphics/Promotions Producer - Nexstar Broadcast Group WFXR-TV Fox 21/27, Roanoke, VA
• Set up and operate the graphics/character generator systems
• Responsible for the creation and superimposition of graphics and images during newscasts and other live and recorded programs
• Edit digital video, using Adobe Premiere and After Effects, for use in the broadcast productions of the news.
1/2016-Present • Creative Director (contract position) / This! Magazine & Media Group, Roanoke, VA
• Develop the layout for each bi-monthly edition, function as staff and cover photographer, and build print and online ads as needed
• If needed, I assign and monitor any work done by outside or temporary creative staff
9/2004-Present • Freelance Graphic Designer/Photographer, Roanoke, VA
• Work with clients to create print, online & video materials that meet their individual and business needs.
• Conduct photo shoots for clients, including portraits and corporate head shots, as well as marketing/event photography.
4/2008-9/2013 • Advertising Graphic Designer/The Roanoke Times, BH Media Group, Roanoke, VA
• Designed print and online ads for customer ads in The Roanoke Times and on Roanoke.com• Creativity, Accuracy and strict time management were key skill sets for this position
• Marketing photography & web video production to aid in promotions for The Roanoke Times and Roanoke.com
7/2005-1/2008 • Senior Graphic Designer/WSLS-TV 10 - Media General Broadcast Group, Roanoke, VA
• Monitored & maintained the graphic look of WSLS to insure that the station’s daily graphic production met the corporate guidelines by supervising the daily graphic building of a small team.
• Worked daily with the Marketing Director on all aspects of WSLS’s visual marketing materials, from concept to final design, including helping develop marketing plans, and working with commercial printers, publishers & vendors in the production of marketing materials.
• Directed or conducted photo shoots for everything from print ads to digital billboards.
• Created the motion graphics for WSLS including animated graphic elements to enhance video packages, as well as creating opening sequences for special productions.
10/2002 - 9/2004 • Director of Personal Training/Gold’s Gym, Roanoke, VA
• I gained management experience while supervising a team of personal trainers and was an active personal trainer.
• I also did the graphic design work for our club’s specific needs.
1/1999 - 12/2001 • Creative Director / Allegheny Publishing Company, Roanoke, VA
• Supervised the work of a small design and customer service staff, and acted as a designer, on a wide range of print and online work
MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS
The Square Society - Active Member since 2000; Marketing & Graphics Co-Chair, 2015
The Izaak Walton League of America-Roanoke Chapter - Active Member since 2012
VA Press Association: 2008 - 1st & 2nd Place/Color Print Ad • 2009 - 1st Place/Small Space Ad-Color • 2011 - 1st Place/Real Estate Ads
Bachelor of Science, emphasis in Graphic Design, Radford University, 1995, Radford, Virginia